Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lesson Plan Development Responses

Response to Valerie on Social Constructivist Lesson Plan:
Great job Valerie. I love the landforms website. You were very detailed in the lesson plan and answered all of the questions. It really helped me see the steps I need to go back and correct.
Have you ever built your own webquest. I have used some out there, but have never built my own. Would love to learn how to do that.

Response to Tina on Constructivist Lesson Plan
Well done Tina. I liked the way you formatted the lesson plan and then answered the questions underneath. That was a smart idea. You are ready to post.


Comments to Michelle on Behaviorist Lesson Plan:

I think your lesson plan format and activities look great. I could not tell that you hadn't written a lesson in years.
I think you may need to add your learning approach to your justification. I can't really tell from looking at the lesson what type of approach is behind it. Didn't she want us to specify which approach we were using? (i.e. behaviorist, contsructivist, etc.) What specific learning activities are included in your lesson that support that approach?
Otherwise, great job on writing the lesson!!! (from Valerie)
Your lesson looks super! I hope this gives you confidence with writing lesson plans now! I agree with Valerie... be sure to add which theory this plan supports. Also, be sure to add which learning activities justifies that theory! (from Ashley)

Your lesson looks super! I hope this gives you confidence with writing lesson plans now! I agree with Valerie... be sure to add which theory this plan supports. Also, be sure to add which learning activities justifies that theory! Ashley

Sorry I am late responding. I had class Monday and PTA at school last night. This is a great lesson. You did a great job creating it. I agree with Valerie, you need to respond more to the description of the learning approach and its justification. Also you need to identify your procedures . What are you as the teacher going to do? What activities are you going to do? Are you going to teach a lesson on how to do the activity card and how you are going to drop it into the program? Give details.Remember to look at the behaviorist approach and implement lessons that a behaviorist teacher would do. The word cards are great because that can lead to drill and practice. A format that is appropriate for this model.I hope this helps. Tina

No comments: