This chapter seemed to be a system overload of information that is still confusing to me. I can personally see why people confuse the terms multimedia and hypermedia today. After reading this chapter, I am still trying to sort out all of the information. In reading I found I am most familiar with two types of multimedia: presentation software and video software. In my classroom, my students enjoy developing PowerPoint presentations to display research and other projects they have been working on. This is either individualized or sometimes group oriented. We have also held various performances within the school community and video the shows. These videos are then edited and distributed to parents who wish to purchase them as a fundraiser. Students have been involved in the editing and marketing process of the videos with the teachers at school.
The most impressive part of technology education today is the amount of technology used at such a young age to educate our children. As Roblyer found “hypermedia’s benefits seem to center on its ability to offer students multiple channels through which to process information” (p.188). I believe that all children have various learning styles and all forms of learning tools need to be integrated into the curriculum. I believe students need to be proactive in their learning and if hypermedia will enhance their drive to learn, then a teacher should use this approach to help the students succeed. I agree with the author when he included that flexible learning modes needs to be included in the classroom. It is up to the teacher to meet the needs of all learning styles and to make accommodations for those with needs.
I believe that older elementary children and up greatly benefit from the resources available to them. The wealth of information available to them allows them to explore and become their own teachers in an essence. The software packages available to them immerse them in the world they choose to explore. We personally use Encarta and access the world atlases and maps online. I am very interested in learning more about E-books and how to incorporate them into our Montessori curriculum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment